Spotlight on New York
14-Interactive eBook set Grades 4–7
Interactive series of eBooks that combines videos, activities, interactive timelines, primary sources, and teaching tools to provide a comprehensive understanding of the land, people, and rich history of New York State. Ideal for students in grades 4-7.
*Revised and updated with information from New Netherland Institute
Click on the cover to experience a sample Interactive eBook.
New York in the New Nation
LEARNERS WILL EXPERIENCE…
- Videos, photos, and maps that support integration and evaluation of content in various formats
- Dynamic timelines that establish sequence of events and provide context within world history
- Primary sources that provide firsthand accounts of key historical events
- Inquiry and project-based learning activities
EDUCATORS WILL APPRECIATE…
- Closed captioning for videos and actor-narrated audio ensure all learners succeed
- Curriculum connections: correlated to state-specific social studies curriculum and Common Core ELA standards
- Easy classroom integration: planning guides include lesson plans, study guides, and additional instructional support
A perfect way to jumpstart a Common Core focused collection of literary nonfiction. High value-adds like actor-read text-to-speech, dynamic maps and timelines, and definitions make these books a great investment.
—Chris Harris, Genesee Valley BOCES, NY