Spotlight on Physical Science
12-Interactive eBook set Grades 3–8
Why do objects fall to the ground? What makes explosions possible? How did Earth come to look like it does today?
This set of interactive eBooks explores physical science topics that are essential components of the elementary
curriculum and national science standards. Potentially complex subjects, including atoms and wave properties,
are carefully presented in an understandable way to prepare elementary students for middle school science and beyond.
Click on the cover to experience a sample Interactive eBook.
LEARNERS WILL EXPERIENCE…
- Videos, photos, and maps that support integration and evaluation of content in various formats
- Biographies of key scientists with text at varied reading complexities
- Dynamic timelines that provide a sequence of events
- Primary sources including video clips showing the physics behind hurricanes, lightning, radiation releases, and flight
- Inquiry and project-based learning activities
EDUCATORS WILL APPRECIATE…
- Closed captioning for videos and actor-narrated audio ensure all learners succeed
- Curriculum connections: correlated to national, state, and provincial science standards; Next Generation Science Standards and Common Core Learning Standards
- Continually updated: with key events and discoveries
- Easy Classroom integration: instructional materials by veteran educator Mary Ratzer focus on essential questions and inquiry-based learning to support the Next Generation Science Standards