Spotlight on a Fair and Equal Society
12-Interactive eBook set Grades 4–8
How can citizens create change by working together with awareness and empathy?
Challenge learners to be agents of change — and give them the tools to do it. Spotlight on a Fair and Equal Society helps learners to understand, internalize, and model skills essential for social justice. These include practicing empathy, active citizenship, decision-making, authentic communication, planning, and problem solving. Learners grow in their personal agency to identify and respond to social justice problems. Students can then use these skills to participate as caring and engaged community members.
Click on the cover to experience a sample Interactive eBook.
LEARNERS WILL EXPERIENCE…
- Primary sources including video clips
- Dynamic timelines to understand history and events in context
- Profiles provide real-world connections
- Engaging standards-based learning activities
- Prompts to create real-world knowledge products
EDUCATORS WILL APPRECIATE…
- Integrates social and emotional learning (SEL) as a pathway to active citizenship as framed in the
C3 State Social Studies Standards
- Builds awareness of identity, diversity, justice, and civic action
- Updates with key events and discoveries
- Develops self-awareness, social awareness, relationship building, and responsible decision-making skills
THROUGH MARC RECORD