Spotlight on Global Issues
15-Interactive eBook set Grades 6–10
How does responsibility for the future depend on education, attitude, understanding, and action?
Generation Z citizens need to be engaged participants in change and a voice for the common good. Spotlight on Global Issues takes the approach that no
one is too young to make a difference and is inspired by the groups/individuals taking action worldwide, including the teens profiled in these books.
Teaching and learning outcomes are supported by calls to action; multiple perspectives; interdisciplinary standards alignment; learning activities;
making evidence-based claims; fillable graphic organizers; and lesson plans/assessments to help solve critical problems.
Click on the cover to experience a sample Interactive eBook.
LEARNERS WILL EXPERIENCE…
- Primary sources including video clips
- Dynamic timelines to understand history and events in context
- Profiles provide real-world connections
- Engaging standards-based learning activities
- Prompts to create real-world knowledge products
EDUCATORS WILL APPRECIATE…
- Instructional Planning Guides: Lesson plans for every eBook
- Alignment to standards: Integrates thinking routines from Harvard’s Visible Thinking initiative and The Smithsonian's Project Zero
- Inquiry and project-based learning activities
- NEW: Graphic Organizers: Fillable PDFs for remote learning
- Updates with key events and discoveries