Spotlight on the Civil Rights Movement
13-Interactive eBook set Grades 5–10
Why was the Civil Rights Movement an important milestone in American history?
In the 1950s and ’60s, the civil rights movement brought sweeping reforms to nearly all facets of American life. Each book presents a key figure or event of the civil rights movement in accessible language sure to engage readers at any level. Packed with historical photographs, these visual treasures record the twentieth century’s greatest moments in the struggle for equality.
Click on the cover to experience a sample Interactive eBook.
Women in the Civil Rights Movement
LEARNERS WILL EXPERIENCE…
- Primary sources including historical documents and photos
- More About sections provide background on key concepts within the eBook
- Videos, photos, maps and charts to support the integration of visual information
- Inquiry and project-based learning activities
EDUCATORS WILL APPRECIATE…
- Closed captioning for videos and actor-narrated audio ensure all learners succeed
- Curriculum connections: correlated to national and state social studies standards; Common Core Standards in ELA and History/Social Studies
- Easy classroom integration: instructional materials by veteran educator Mary Ratzer focus on essential questions and inquiry-based learning to support the C3 Framework for Social Studies State Standards