Spotlight on Civic Action
12-Interactive eBook set Grades 4–8
Why does voting matter?
Help readers understand productive civic engagement by exploring the history, principles, and foundations of American democracy.
Readers will learn how people participate in our society, whether through volunteering, voting, or activism. Designed to show readers how they can actively participate in American society, this set will inspire readers to change it for the better.
Click on the cover to experience a sample Interactive eBook.
Why Voting Matters
See Complete Planning Guide and Lesson Plans Here.
LEARNERS WILL EXPERIENCE…
- Primary sources including historical documents and photos
- More About sections provide background on key concepts within the eBook
- Videos, photos, maps and charts to support the integration of visual information
- Inquiry and project-based learning activities
EDUCATORS WILL APPRECIATE…
- Closed captioning for videos and actor-narrated audio ensure all learners succeed
- Curriculum connections: correlated to national and state social studies standards; Common Core Standards in ELA and History/Social Studies
- Easy classroom integration: instructional materials by veteran educator Mary Ratzer focus on essential questions and inquiry-based learning to support the C3 Framework for Social Studies State Standards