Spotlight on Native Americans
2 Sets of 12 Interactive eBooks Grades 3–8
This expert-reviewed set provides a narrative history of Native American peoples from across North America, beginning before European explorers set foot on American soil to modern life on reservations today. Readers will develop a deep understanding of the chronological history of these peoples, the devastating outcomes of historical events, and how their cultures have endured and thrive today.
Click on the cover to experience a sample Interactive eBook.
Native Americans: Set 2
Native Americans: Set 1
LEARNERS WILL EXPERIENCE…
- Primary sources including Native American artwork, traditional clothing, jewelry, photographs, treaties, and other historical documents
- Crafts and recipes to engage with Native American cultures firsthand
- Dynamic timelines to put events specific to each Native American group in context with U.S. and world events
- Inquiry and project-based learning activities
EDUCATORS WILL APPRECIATE…
- Closed captioning for videos and actor-narrated audio ensure all learners succeed
- Curriculum connections: correlated to national and state social studies standards; Common Core Standards in ELA and History/Social Studies
- Easy classroom integration: instructional materials by veteran educators Paige Jaeger and Mary Ratzer focus on essential questions and inquiry-based learning to support the C3 Framework for Social Studies State Standards