Spotlight on the 13 Colonies:
Birth of a Nation
14-Interactive eBook set Grades 3–8
From the age of exploration to the last shots of the American Revolution, this set delves into the evolution of the colonies, including where colonists lived, with whom they traded, and how they survived. Readers will learn about important figures and industries in colonial history, as well as the struggles colonists faced.
Click on the cover to experience a sample Interactive eBook.
The Colony of Massachusetts
LEARNERS WILL EXPERIENCE…
- Primary sources, including paintings, letters, and founding documents
- Biographies of key figures in colonial history with text at varied reading complexities
- Dynamic timelines that put colonial events in context within world history
- Inquiry and project-based learning activities
EDUCATORS WILL APPRECIATE…
- Closed captioning for videos and actor-narrated audio ensure all learners succeed
- Curriculum connections: correlated to national and state social studies standards; Common Core Standards in ELA and History/Social Studies
- Easy classroom integration: instructional materials by veteran educators Paige Jaeger and Mary Ratzer focus on essential questions and inquiry-based learning to support the C3 Framework for Social Studies State Standards