Spotlight on Civic Action
12-Interactive eBook set Grades 4–8
How does civic participation strengthen communities, governments, and individual rights?
Help readers understand productive civic engagement by exploring the history, principles, and foundations of American democracy.
Readers will learn how people participate in our society, whether through volunteering, voting, or activism. Designed to show readers how they can actively participate in American society, this set will inspire readers to change it for the better.
Responsive design automatically adjusts screen display to fit mobile device screen size in use.
Click on the cover to experience a sample Interactive eBook.
LEARNERS WILL EXPERIENCE…
- Primary sources including historical documents and photos
- More About sections provide background on key concepts within the eBook
- Videos, photos, maps and charts to support the integration of visual information
EDUCATORS WILL APPRECIATE…
- Actor-narrated audio to ensure that all learners succeed
- Curriculum connections: correlated to national and state social studies standards; Common Core Standards in ELA and History/Social Studies
- Easy classroom integration: instructional materials by veteran educator Mary Ratzer focus on essential questions and inquiry-based learning to support the C3 Framework for Social Studies State Standards